Highlights of the tour
- Warm welcome and informed and expert guidance by out travel and tour personnel throughout the trip
- Relaxing stay at reputed and peaceful properties to spend a vacation filled with tranquillity and beauty
- Exciting Tibetan tradition rich sojourn to Tsuglagkhang Complex, Namgyal Monastery and Gyuto Monastery at Dharamshala
- Visit to the fascinating Dal Lake for an ideal family time
- Enjoying the blessings of Almighty at Bhagsunath Temple in tranquil environment amidst profound natural beauty
- Taking in the unique flavour of Mcleodganj overlooking the majestic Dhauladhar Ranges
- Visit the natural extravaganza with the Switzerland of East, Khajjiar, and the extensive green forested valley of Chamba
- Lose your breath with the colonial era churches of Dalhousie
- Day 1: Arrival at Chandigarh and onward journey to Dharamshala
- Day 2: Dharamshala local sightseeing
- Day 3: Transfer from Dharamshala to Dalhousie
- Day 4: Dalhousie day trip: Chamba and Khajjiar
- Day 5: Dalhousie to Chandigarh and departure from Chandigarh
On arrival at Chandigarh, our tour and travel representative would bestow a warm welcome and pick you up from Chandigarh Airport or Chandigarh Railway Station. After that a comfortable transfer from Chandigarh to Dharamshala shall be arranged. You will reach Dharamshala by evening. There shall be check in at the hotel of your choice. Then there shall be a relaxing dinner and retire to your assigned rooms for an overnight stay at the hotel.
Wake up in the beautiful and pleasant environment of Dharamshala and set off for an exciting day of Dharamshala sightseeing. After a hurried breakfast, drive off to the interesting tourist destinations one by one.
- Tsuglagkhang Complex is famous for being the official home of the Dalai Lama and its fame is also because of the fact that it is the largest Tibetan temple outside the country of Tibet. It is visited by curious tourists from all across the globe all round the year.
- Namgyal Monastery was built way back to serve as one of the major learning and cultural centres of the exiled Tibetan population outside Tibet. The monastery is now the home to about 200 Tibetan monks and is a favourite tourist hub.
- Gyuto Monastery is also among the oldest and important monasteries of Dharamshala and was established after the Chinese invasion of Tibet and forced evacuation of Tibetans from Tibet to flee and settle in India. It is now the shelter to more than 500 Buddhist monks. It is a centre for meditation and preaching of Buddhism philosophy.
- Dal Lake is a serene and picturesque picnic spot that has a thick cover of deodar and juniper trees. It is an ideal destination to enjoy with family.
Come back to the hotel by evening after an eventful day of busy sightseeing have a relaxing and laid back dinner and retire for an overnight stay at the hotel.
After breakfast set out to visit a few more attractions of Dharamshala. Visit Bhagsu Nath Temple.
Bhagsunath Temple and Mcleodganj is a major tourist attraction from Dharamshala. This temple is situated amidst serene water bodies and lush greenery, the Bhagsunath Temple is a shrine of great importance that is located about 3 kilometres from Mcleodganj. This is one of the oldest temples of Mcleodganj. It is dedicated to Lord Shiva and the local and popular deity of Bhagsu Nag. The surrounding has profound peace and beauty and an added charm on account of the cascading waterfall nearby. Grab a tasty bite and cool drinks at the shacks and cafes found all around. Take a dip at the two sacred pools of the temple premises and enjoy the famed miraculous powers of healing of their waters.
After lunch, check out of the Dharamshala hotel and get transferred to Dalhousie. On arrival check in at the hotel of your choice in Dalhousie. After getting freshened up visit the Mall Road. Return to the hotel by evening and after dinner retire to your rooms for a comfortable overnight stay at the hotel.
After a relaxed breakfast, travel onwards for a visit to the Kalatop, Khajjiar and Chamba.
Kalatop: Visit the Kalatop Sanctuary, feel the mystery of the mountain forest. Enjoy the natural beauty of the snow-capped peaks and the lush green valley spread wide. Find the thrill of spotting a rare flora or fauna in the heart of the forest.
Khajjiar: Visit the peaceful and wide green meadow of Khajjiar and indulge in some fun activities such as Zorbing or yak riding, pony riding or get photographed in the traditional ‘pahari’ dress and create some magic moments relishing the local cuisine. Bask in the pleasant sunshine and enjoy the fresh cool breeze.
Chamba: It is a celestial and blissful quiet Himalayan hamlet and has some stunning tourist attractions to enjoy and make memories.
- Tehri Dam: This dam is considered to be the world’s fifth largest dam and is situated around 9 kms away from the main city centre and is hardly 20-minute drive. This dam overlooks the meeting point of rivers Bhagirathi and Bhilangana and presents some outstanding scenic beauty and is a heaven for photographers.
- Chamba is known for its famous temples. Visit the Lakshmi Narayan temple, Bajreswari temple, Hari Rai Temple and Chamunda Devi temple and the Chaurasi Temple square that has 84 shrines to complete your Chamba visit.
In the evening, drive back to the hotel and after having your dinner settle down for an overnight stay at the Dalhousie hotel.
It is time say goodbye to the mountain town of Dalhousie. Early morning check out of the hotel after breakfast and then get dropped you at the Chandigarh Airport or Chandigarh Railway station for your onward journey back home with lots of pleasant memories.